A great old school lunch favorite we all just love around our house. If your afraid of using luncheon meat just replace with more hamburger or small cubed pepperoni. Great all ways!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 6 ounces luncheon meat, grated (Spam)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce (use Ragu)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 pound) or 2 cups American cheese (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 plain hamburger buns
- 1 cup grated cheese, for topping burgers before baking (I like using a combination of American and Mozzarella cheese)
- Brown hamburger; drain fat. Add grated luncheon meat; saute 1-2 minutes. Stir in rest of ingredients till combined and the cheese has completely melted. Place all hamburger bun halves onto cookie sheets. Add desired amount of sauce onto each bun and sprinkle with the grated American and mozzarella cheeses. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes, or till heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.
We love these on english muffins and we top the whole thing with pepperoni. Meat lovers dream come true.
Excellent! I got this from the great lunch ladies at my elementary school in the '80s. I use bologna in mine. I hear tell you can use hot dogs, too! Loved by children everywhere. Great birthday party food for little kids.
Just like how I rememberd. Excellent!