Recipe by mliss29
From the Food section of the Kansas City Star (though they say they adapted it from Woman's Day magazine.) It would make 8 patties, but 7 fit in my cast-iron skillet.
Top Review by Redsie
This made a great lunch!! Wanted to do this on the BBQ but started to rain - so made it on our George Foreman grill. Grilled the patties added a slice of mozzarella cheese at the end and added the pizza sauce (that we heated a bit in the microwave before) when we served them! Thanks mliss29! :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 7 ounces pizza sauce (about 1/2 a can)
- 8 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ground turkey, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs and shape into 7-8 patties.
- Fry in a little canola oil, turning occasionally, for about 6 minutes. (I think it takes longer, but that's what their's says.).
- Top patties with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Serve on hamburger buns.