Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Food section of the Kansas City Star (though they say they adapted it from Woman's Day magazine.) It would make 8 patties, but 7 fit in my cast-iron skillet.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 7 ounces pizza sauce (about 1/2 a can)
- 8 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine the ground turkey, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs and shape into 7-8 patties.
- Fry in a little canola oil, turning occasionally, for about 6 minutes. (I think it takes longer, but that's what their's says.).
- Top patties with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
This made a great lunch!! Wanted to do this on the BBQ but started to rain - so made it on our George Foreman grill. Grilled the patties added a slice of mozzarella cheese at the end and added the pizza sauce (that we heated a bit in the microwave before) when we served them! Thanks mliss29! :)
Made these for my boys for lunch. I used ground beef instead of turkey as that is all I had. My boys enjoyed them and they were easy to make. I made them on the grill.
This was a super easy lunch because I had leftover burgers from a dinner earlier in the week. I took the cold burgers, topped with parmesan cheese then sauce in a casserole dish and let them warm for 15 minutes in the oven. Then I sprinkled cheese on top and baked about 4 minutes more, until it was melted. If I was making this without the leftovers, I would definatly put some onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt, worcheshire sauce and an egg in with the meat mixture, no one has good "tasters" around here so I need to season everything well, but other then that I think this is a fine recipe. thanks for posting!