Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom used to make these when it was going to be a busy night. Now I make them for my daughters busy nights
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in pizza sauce, and heat through.
- Spoon onto buns and top with cheese.
- Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
My kids LOVE these!! I must always tinker...so I sometimes add sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms to the mix. ALWAYS more garlic. I serve open faced and broil the cheese until melted. It is a real kid pleaser! I usually get about 6 servings per pound of ground beef at least. I think 4 would be an extremely messy sandwich...tasty..but oh so messy!
Pizza flavored sloppy joes. Good and filling for a fall day. :) Made for PAC Fall 2007.
Made for Fall PAC 2007. I made these on the stove and then through them in the crockpot to take to the race track. Everyone liked them and they were quick and easy to make.