Recipe by Pastryismybiz
Easy recipe for feeding a crowd. Meat mixture can be prepared ahead and refrigerated til party time. The first time I made it was 35 years ago for a Halloween party and the teenagers loved them. I have never seen a pizza burger recipe like this so I am sharing this for you busy moms & dads.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger.
- Place in bowl and add spices.
- Cool in fridge til cold.
- Remove from fridge and knead in the cold pizza cheeze adding tomatoe paste til it holds its shape.
- The mixture should be firm. Refrigerate until ready to make up.
- For pizzas, spread hamburger bun halves on cookie sheets and using an ice cream scoop top the buns with the pizza mixture.
- I spread the mixture with a spatula to the edge of the bun. The mixture should be about 1 to 2" thick; your preference.
- I have doubled and tripled the recipe for partys. We like a 2" mound of meat and cheeze on ours. If you follow the recipe using tomatoe PASTE the pizzas will rise and puff up, brown nicely, but not spill out over the bun; they really hold their shape and present well.
- Bake at 350 til cheese browns; about 10 minutes.