Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy, tasty meal that everyone will enjoy.
Make and share this Pizza Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) jarprepared spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter (more or less, according to how heavy-handed you are with buttering the bread) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (more or less, according to how heavy-handed you are with buttering the bread)
- 12 English muffins, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan, brown the ground beef, stirring often, until no longer pink. Drain and return to pan; add the jar of spaghetti sauce. Stir until well blended and let simmer.
- Meanwhile, prepare the English mufins by placing them on a large cookie sheet and generously buttering them--DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
- Put about 3 tablespoons of the meat sauce on each English muffin and spread to the edges.
- Sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Quick and clever way to make pizza burgers. These were very good. I do plan to experiment next time and make them using a pizza or marinara sauce in place of the spaghetti sauce. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.