Recipe by Karen From Colorado
My daughter loves these burgers.
Top Review by Bergy
I have a hamburger almost every Sat. Night (except when we have company) with oven fries on a baking stone so I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur of hamburgers and if I could rate yours higher than a 5 I would - this will be a regular for me! I scaled the recipe down to one big patty (no problem). The Italian sausage is what makes this special (I used Hot Italian) along with how it's put together, I used "Diana(brand name) Sauce, Honey Garlic" ( It could be used as Pizza sauce) and put a slice of onion inside the burger with the cheese. When I put the rest of the sauce on the pan with the burger I put in 5 quartered mushrooms. slipped on the lid and let the flavors combine. When I put it all together I added hot banana pickled peppers, sweet dark mustard 2 slices of tomatoe and the extra cheese melted on top Next time I'll make the burger on a Jalapeno bun. The recipe is on site under "Jalapeno Bread" and I have added my comments on how I made buns from that recipe_ WOWEE Whimpy eat your heart out. This was super!!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni (optional)
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- 4 large hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice cheese.
- Make patties out of the hamburger.
- Season with salts and pepper to taste.
- Fry or grill burgers until mostly done.
- Empty the sauce into a large fry pan or sauce pan.
- Add the mostly cooked burgers to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes or until done.
- Place pepperoni and a couple slices of mozzarella on top of the burgers and cover for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- While burgers simmer, lightly butter or oil 4 buns; toast them on the grill.
- Serve on buns with a little sauce.