Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (14 ounce) jarpepperoni-flavored or regular pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives, if desired
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- 1 cup shredded pizza cheese, blend (4 oz.)
- In a 10” skillet, cook beef, onion, and bell pepper over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in pizza sauce and olives. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture on bottom half of each bun.
- Immediately sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of the cheese; add tops of buns.
- Serve immediately or let stand about 2 minutes until cheese is melted.