1/2 Photos of Pizza Burgers
Katrina Hapner's Note:
This is one of my mother's recipes. She is legendary cook who doesn't really follow recipes. I've recently sat her down and had her make her great meals into recipes so that I can have them and share them with others.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the hamburger and drain of excess grease.
- 2Add the can of spaghetti sauce and bring to a really hard simmer.
- 3Add the American cheese slices.
- 4You can use more than 4 if you are really into cheese (like me).
- 5Let cheese melt while stirring.
- 6Turn heat down to low simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, until it thickens a bit.
- 7While its doing that take your hamburger buns and pull them apart and lay them insides up on a cookie sheet (you will probably need more than one cookie sheet).
- 8When meat mixture is done simmering start spooning the mixture onto the hamburger buns and spreading it over the entire surface.
- 9You should have now what looks like a bunch of open-faced sandwiches.
- 10Sprinkle each one with a little bit of cheddar and a little bit of the mozzarella.
- 11Again, you can add more cheese, or use less depending on your preference.
- 12Place in a 375°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese has melted and slightly browned and hamburger bun should be pretty crispy.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1030.6
- Calories from Fat 489
- Total Fat 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 190.8 mg
- Sodium 2344.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 64.4 g