Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is great for the kid on the go. Make a sheet pan at a time so you can feed all there friends at once with do bother.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 3.69 ml sage
- 9.85 ml oregano
- 354.88 ml tomato sauce
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml parsley flakes
- 453.59 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 can sliced mushrooms
- 12 hamburger buns
- Brown the ground beef, onion, salt, sage and oregano.
- Add the tomato sauce, mushrooms and parmesan cheese.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Scoop on hamburger bun halves and top with mozzrella cheese.
- Broil until brown on top and the cheese is melted.
These were okay.If I make them again,I will substitute some ground sausage for some of the hamburger and use canned pizza or spaghetti sauce for the plain tomato sauce to give it more of a "pizza" flavor.I used sliced olives instead of mushrooms(my kids aren't crazy about mushrooms)It was quick and easy to make.Just add a green salad and it is an easy meal.
A wonderful tasting sandwich. The kids go crazy for and so easy to prepare.
We ate these all the time as kids. My mom just mixed up the burger with aa the sauce, cheese and seasoning and put it on the buns RAW and let the meat cook in the oven. I cook the meat 1st now!