Recipe by Amberngriffinco
Sort of a pizza meatloaf
Top Review by Chef Patty S
I had this with some friends last week and it was delicious! I got the recipe and instead of the hot roll mix, you can use 1 can of Pillsbury classic pizza crust to make it easier. Also, you can add garlic and/or some crushed red pepper, etc...to taste!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems (drained)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) box hot roll mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In large skillet, combine the first 7 ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare hot roll mix as for pizza. Add 1/2 teaspoons salt on lightly floured board, using floured rolling pin. Roll into 12" square. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Spoon meat mixture down center 1/3 of dough within 2" of ends. Shape into loaf, sprinkle with cheese. Cut 6" diagonal strips of dough on each side of meat. Fold dough ends over meat, then crisscross strips over top. Brush top of dough with egg. Bake 30 minutes until golden.