Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
Consider doubling the recipe. These disappear quickly.
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 count) cangrands refrigerated buttermilk homestyle biscuits (not flaky)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups of your favorite pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded pizza cheese, blend divided or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper. Drain.
- In the same skillet, add 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil and saute onions until soft and turning brown.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place 2 1/2 inches apart on sprayed cookie sheet. With bottom of flat 2-inch diameter glass or with fingers, press out each biscuit to form 3 1/2 inch round with 1/4 inch rim around outside edge.
- In small bowl, combine egg and water, mixing well. Brush over tops and sides of biscuits. Sprinkle each with sesame seeds.
- Add all remaining ingredients including 1 cup of pizza cheese back into the skillet with the ground beef and onions. Cook on low about 5 minutes, mixing well.
- Divide ground beef mixture evenly into each biscuit. Sprinkle each with remaining pizza cheese blend.
- Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Carefully remove from cookie sheet and serve.