Recipe by Chef mariajane
This recipe brings your two favorite foods together with this creative creation - Delicious!!
FOR THE BASE
- 4 hamburger patties
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree, generous
- 1 dash olive oil
- 2 pinches dried basil
- 1 pinch dried black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 fresh bread rolls, about the same size as the patties
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the tomatoes into small cubes, add the purée , basil, peper, salt, olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Grill/broil the patties until half cooked and flip them over. Immediately spoon the sauce onto the patties, cover liberally with cheese and put the lid on the barbecue.