Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From one of Libby's old newspaper clippings.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 9 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 12 pepperoni slices
- Combine all ingredients except the mozzarella cheese.
- Broil 8 inches from heat for about nine minutes or until done (I think you could grill these puppies.).
- put 3 slices pepperoni on top then.
- Put the cheese on top and broil until melted.
- Place burger on a bun.
First,I must say that I hate to give a recipe such a low rating,and I wish I didn't have to with this one.I only used 3 ounces of tomato paste since it would have been to "tomatoey" for us.And added about 1/2 teaspoon more of the oregano.Followed the rest of the rest of the recipe as written.For the cheese I used a mozzarella/provolone blend,but the taste wasn't like either a hamburger or even a pizza.I'm sorry, I don't think this will be made again.
These were very good! They were really juicy and flavorful. I toasted the buns under the broiler, too. I will make these again! Thanks for sharing!