Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We made these when we were in high school and they were great and a change from regular burgers.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hot Italian sausage or 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage
- 4 regular hamburger buns
- 1 (15 ounce) jarfavorite pizza sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese (1/4" thick)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Make 4 patties out of the Italian sausage.
- Fry patties in skillet until thoroughly cooked.
- Heat pizza sauce and set aside.
- Spread butter on buns and toast until golden brown.
- Spread pizza sauce on both sides of buns and place patties on bottom halves of buns with a slice of Mozzerella on top of the patty.
- Place under broiler until cheese starts to melt.
- Assemble and enjoy!