Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are nice to serve for a snack. My Mom used to serve them for her Bridge Group. I have served them with a bowl of soup for supper. If you like pizza, I think you will like these. This mixture can be kept in the fridge for several days and spread on buns when you are ready to use.
- 1 lb side bacon
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 lb cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 stick pepperoni
- 2 (10 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 40 buns
- Slice bacon into small pieces and then brown it.
- Drain fat from bacon.
- Cut the pepperoni into slices and then quarter the slices.
- Add onion, green pepper, and mushrooms to the bacon and heat until onions begin to soften. Stir often.
- Add spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, oregano and garlic powder and heat through.
- Stir in cheese.
- Spread on open-faced buns and broil until bubbly and cheese melted.
Made these little pizza thingies to take to a potluck (using smaller than normal buns) & did the broiling just before serving! BIG HIT! I did leave out the mushrooms, but really enjoyed the combo of bacon & pepperoni! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
Made these for my son's band and they ate them up. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the mushrooms on all them as I wasn't sure if everyone liked mushrooms. Next time I would use pizza sauce instead of the spaghetti sauce to make it more "pizza" tasting.
This was very good and pretty easy to make. I loved the combination of ingredients. Next time I'll add some jalapeno peppers to kick it up a little for us. This makes for a nice lunch. I scaled the recipe down for the two of us. Thanks Laffer