Recipe by GaylaV
These are nice to serve for a snack. My Mom used to serve them for her Bridge Group. I have served them with a bowl of soup for supper. If you like pizza, I think you will like these. This mixture can be kept in the fridge for several days and spread on buns when you are ready to use.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these little pizza thingies to take to a potluck (using smaller than normal buns) & did the broiling just before serving! BIG HIT! I did leave out the mushrooms, but really enjoyed the combo of bacon & pepperoni! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 1 lb side bacon
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 lb cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 stick pepperoni
- 2 (10 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 40 buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bacon into small pieces and then brown it.
- Drain fat from bacon.
- Cut the pepperoni into slices and then quarter the slices.
- Add onion, green pepper, and mushrooms to the bacon and heat until onions begin to soften. Stir often.
- Add spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, oregano and garlic powder and heat through.
- Stir in cheese.
- Spread on open-faced buns and broil until bubbly and cheese melted.