Recipe by patricemarion
Recipe came from a friend a long, long time ago. Can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge. The servings all depend on the size of the buns and how much you put on them. The mixture looks awful but tastes delicious. I didn't have a can of tomato sauce in the cupboard so I wasn't sure of the size (8 to 10 ounce size maybe?).
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb salami
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mushroom pieces
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion & green pepper until tender then grind this mixture in a meat grinder or food processor with the salami & pepperoni and pour into a bowl.
- Add the cheese, tomato sauce and mushrooms (do NOT drain)to the mixture.
- Spread on buns (whatever kind you like), place under broiler until cheese melts.
- **If desired, sprinkle oregano on top before placing under broiler.