Recipe by elisabeth the only one
Top Review by AmyZoe
I found this recipe at www.pillsbury.com. It's the 2004 Bake-off Contest 41 $5000 America's Greatest Cheese Recipe Award winner. It's a quick way to make a pizza when you're craving pizza but don't want to make your own dough. I altered it by leaving out the butter completely and putting the pizza sauce together with the spices (I used a marinara sauce) inside instead of just for dipping. I used prosciuttio in place of the pepperoni because it's what I had. Very yummy and quick to make. Thanks for posting this!
- 6 -8 tablespoons butter or 6 -8 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (12 ounce) canspillsbury golden layers ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 40 small slice pepperoni (about 3 oz.)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 20 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups pizza sauce, heated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F; spray 12-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix melted butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Separate 1 can of dough into 10 biscuits; press or roll each into 3-inch round. Place 2 pepperoni slices in center of each biscuit round. Top each with piece of mozzarella cheese. Bring dough up around filling; press edge to seal and shape each into ball. Roll in butter mixture; place 10 balls in sprayed pan.
- Sprinkle dough balls with Parmesan cheese. Repeat with remaining can of biscuits, placing balls over balls in pan. Pour remaining butter mixture over top.
- Bake at 350°F for 33 to 38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Gently loosen bread from sides of pan. Place large heatproof plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve warm with warm pizza sauce for dipping.