Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced turkey pepperoni
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 large egg, beaten and divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- pasta sauce (optional)
- Cook pepperoni slices between layers of paper towels in microwave at high for 1 minute.
- Unroll dough onto a jellyroll pan to 1/4 inch thickness. Brush lightly with egg. Sprinkle with cheese and pepperoni. Rollup, jellyroll fashion.
- Place dough on a lightly greased baking sheet. Curl dough into a circle pinching edges together to seal.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 375 for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Cut into 2 inch thick slices, and if desired, serve with warm pasta sauce.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I followed your directions, to roll the dough Recipe #143045, fill it and bake it, but i used my own filling, i we don't use that much cheddar in france, i used some smelly cheese haha, 1 grated carrot, 1 small zucchini (sliced) and instead of turkey pepperoni (i've never heard about that ! and i was running out of chorizzo ) i used what you call canadian bacon ( in france we say "lardons"), So i cooked the canadian bacon sliced, added 4 little oignons to cook in the fat and the rest of the ingredients. I served it with basilic tomato sauce. Merci beaucoup again, we both loved this !
This is a great recipe idea! I made my own pizza dough in the bread machine and rolled it out to the required thickness, then followed the rest of the directions. I did make two other changes though. I added mozzerella cheese (didn't use as much cheddar cheese as stated); and on top of the crust I sprinkled parmesan cheese as well as the Italian seasoning. My teens loved it! Thanks for posting it!!