Recipe by katew
Adapted from a Julia Le Clerc recipe from an edition of the NZ Womans Weekly. It is great to serve with soup.
Top Review by Tisme
DH and I enjoyed this bread with soup for dinner. An easy recipe to follow and tastes so much like a pizza. My bread did not rise as much as I thought it would , I think I should have baked it a little longer than 50 minutes. But apart from that, this bread worked out very nicely, and was a great bread to enjoy with our soup.
- 3⁄4 cup pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salami, diced
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups self raising flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 180 C.
- Spray loaf tin.
- Sift flour into large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and oregano.
- Stir to combine and make well in the centre.
- Add eggs, oil and milk.
- Stir just to combine and form a smooth batter.
- Swirl through pasta sauce mixed with salami and cheese.
- Pour into tin, bake 50 minutes
- Ready when inserted skewer comes out clean.