- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) candel monte sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 unsliced French bread or 4 French rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, brown meat with garlic and red pepper.
- Salt and pepper to taste; drain.
- Add tomatoes; cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat about 6 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in corn.
- Spread over bread; top with cheese, olives and green onions.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.