Recipe by ChipotleChick
I got this recipe from a friend of a friend of a well, you get it. It's a very easy treat for the kiddos! If you want to be wild and crazy, substitute some sauteed mushrooms for the pepperoni, or whatever 1 topping that you like. I will say though, that the pepperoni helps hold back the cheese from oozing out better than other substitutes. But, to me, the cheese tastes good when it oozes out and gets baked to golden anyhow. Enjoy!
- 1 package refridgerated breadstick
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 24 pieces mozzarella cheese, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- garlic salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups pizza sauce or 1 1⁄4 cups pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll dough and separate the breadsticks.
- Cut in half, and flatten into a squarish 2 1/2 inch disk with the bottom of a glass or rolling pin.
- Put 1 cube cheese, then one slice pepperoni stacked on dough square.
- Pinch dough together firmly to seal.
- Put seam side down on greased baking sheet.
- Brush butter lightly over each bite, then a light dash of garlic salt on each bite.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce or pesto for dipping.