Recipe by Katha
Saw a different version of this in Quick Cooking Magazine a few years ago. Decided to try it with a few extra & a few changed ingredients. My grandson just loved it.What's not to love.It tastes like pizza & What kid doesn't like Pizza?
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made this for dinner tonight. This was good and easy to make. I did change it up just a bit because of our likes and dislikes. I used ground beef instead of turkey. I had precooked beef in my freezer so pulled that. I didn't use mushrooms or diced onions. Instead I used onion powder. I also didn't use pepperoni but used bacon instead. I also used a mozzarella/cheddar pizza blend for the cheese and used 2 cups. Next time I would cut back on the pizza sauce because we thought it was a bit saucy. Everyone enjoyed it. When hubby looked in the pan and asked what was for dinner and I said pizza, he laughed. He didn't laugh once he ate it, he was surprised it was good :)
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3 1⁄2 ounces diced pepperoni
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (skim)
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown turkey in a skillet.
- Quarter biscuits and place evenly in a well greased 13x9 pan.
- Top with pizza sauce.
- Drain turkey and spread on top of biscuit mixture.
- Layer both peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, garlic, oregano.
- Cover all with the cheeses.
- Bake uncovered 350°F for about 25-30 minutes Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6.