1/1 Photo of Pizza Bianca
Crispy, cheesy and delicious! Feel free to vary the vegetables (of your choice such as spinach, corn, pumpkin, aubergine, artichoke, green asparagus, mushrooms, ...). After a long history of trial and error I found out, that no oil in the dough actually does make the pizza crust more crispy. If you prefer your dough with oil add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g flour (all purpose)
- 40 g fresh yeast active dry yeast (or 7g (one sachet)
- 150 -200 ml water (lukewarm)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey)
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 medium sized courgette (zucchini, in rounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaf (optional)
- 125 g mozzarella cheese (cubed, shredded or torn)
- 50 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- 1Crust: Transfer flour to a large bowl and stir in 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2Form/press a well in the flour and add sugar, yeast (in pieces) and about 50ml lukewarm water. Stir and incorporate flour until paste-like.
- 3Transfer to a warm location an let starter dough rise for about 20 minutes (until bubbly).
- 4Add rest of water to starter dough and knead until a soft, sleek ball forms.
- 5Let rest for another 20 minutes.
- 6Cut zucchini in 5mm thick slices and fry, together with minced garlic, in olive oil until golden brown and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- 7To soften ricotta, incorporate 2 tablespoons milk and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste (to ricotta).
- 8Shape pizza dough as you like it (I usually make 4 small pizze out of the amount of dough) and prick with a fork.
- 9Spread ricotta evenly on dough/pizze.
- 10Add oregano and fresh basil.
- 11Add parmesan and mozzarella.
- 12Top with zucchini slices.
- 13If using - sprinkle with pine nuts.
- 14Bake at 250°C for about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Bianca
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.4
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 1037.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 36.6 g