Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crispy, cheesy and delicious! Feel free to vary the vegetables (of your choice such as spinach, corn, pumpkin, aubergine, artichoke, green asparagus, mushrooms, ...). After a long history of trial and error I found out, that no oil in the dough actually does make the pizza crust more crispy. If you prefer your dough with oil add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the recipe.
- 500 g flour (all purpose)
- 40 g fresh yeast active dry yeast (or 7g (one sachet)
- 150 -200 ml water (lukewarm)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey)
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 medium sized courgette (zucchini, in rounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaf (optional)
- 125 g mozzarella cheese (cubed, shredded or torn)
- 50 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- Crust: Transfer flour to a large bowl and stir in 1 teaspoon salt.
- Form/press a well in the flour and add sugar, yeast (in pieces) and about 50ml lukewarm water. Stir and incorporate flour until paste-like.
- Transfer to a warm location an let starter dough rise for about 20 minutes (until bubbly).
- Add rest of water to starter dough and knead until a soft, sleek ball forms.
- Let rest for another 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini in 5mm thick slices and fry, together with minced garlic, in olive oil until golden brown and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- To soften ricotta, incorporate 2 tablespoons milk and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste (to ricotta).
- Shape pizza dough as you like it (I usually make 4 small pizze out of the amount of dough) and prick with a fork.
- Spread ricotta evenly on dough/pizze.
- Add oregano and fresh basil.
- Add parmesan and mozzarella.
- Top with zucchini slices.
- If using - sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Bake at 250°C for about 15 minutes.