Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this version of a gluten free pizza base on the net, have tried it and works well.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄4 cup arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water, approx
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon herbs
- Preheat oven to 350. (180oC).
- Mix dry ingredients together thoroughly including salt and herbs.
- Add olive oil and honey and mix.
- Add water slowly until desired consistency is reached. Dough should stick together if you cup it in your hands.
- Remove from mix bowl and plunk onto a sheet of parchment paper. Add another sheet over top and roll out the dough with a rolling pin- to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place parchment paper onto cookie shee.t or pizza pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until feels slightly dry.
- In the meantime, wash and chop veggies (and you may want to steam some of the tougher ones.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and layer on the good stuff.
- Return to oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slide onto a cutting board and cut into pieces with a sharp knife.