Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like pizza for breakfast this is the recipe for you and it's so much better than leftovers! You can add any toppings you like, even customising them to individual tastes.
- 8 eggs, beaten until light and fluffy
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried Italian spices
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups favorite chopped pizza toppings
- 2⁄3 cup chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 sliced and toasted bagels
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan.
- Add the parmesan cheese, italian spices, and garlic and mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs to the pan and cook until almost set.
- Top with the pizza toppings and cook until the eggs are set and the toppings are heated through.
- Remove the omelet from the pan and cut in quarters.
- Fold each quarter into a triangle and place on top of a bagel half.
- Top with the tomatoes and Mozzarella.
- Broil until the cheese melts and the toppings are hot.
This was perfect for Sunday Brunch served with some garlic mushrooms. I would love to put pepperoni on it but I had some left over Italian pork chop so I chopped that up along with the salsa sauce that was on it. Loved it all
I cannot believe only one person has tried this recipe! This was so good! I halfed the recipe as I was making it only for myself. Adding garlic and parmesan cheese to the egg made this recipe a real winner. For the inside of the omelet, I used diced ham, from my dinner starter recipe, green and red peppers, and onion. I think next time I will also include mushrooms. I left off the tomatoes and used additional red pepper instead. Thanks for sharing this recipe!