Recipe by * Pamela *
Great to have on hand for a quick lunch or appetizer. You can add any of your favourite pizza toppings to the mix, onions, peppers, sausage, cheddar cheese, etc. my family prefers plain old pepperoni--boring but they love it)
Top Review by Steak&Taters
Having read the ingredient list of the ready made Bagel Bites at a local store, I was prompted to make my own. I mass produces about 120, in about 30 minutes, for the cost of 60 of the name brand ones, and I know what is in them. I fine chopped pepperoni and mixed it into a Italian blend of cheese and added some Parmesan. Don't buy those chemical filled ones, make your own, freeze them put into a gallon zip lock freezer bag. You or your kids have a quick and healthy snack to hold them between meals.
- 20 miniature bagels, cut in half
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- 1 cup pepperoni, finely diced (or finely diced ham)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce, your favourite
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay bagels on large cookie sheet.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Top each 1/2 of the bagel with about 2-3 tbsp of mixture.
- Flash freeze on cookie for about 3 hours or until topping on bagels is firm.
- Transfer to large freezer bag, label and freeze.
- To serve: Bake from frozen at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.