Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great to have on hand for a quick lunch or appetizer. You can add any of your favourite pizza toppings to the mix, onions, peppers, sausage, cheddar cheese, etc. my family prefers plain old pepperoni--boring but they love it)
- 20 miniature bagels, cut in half
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- 1 cup pepperoni, finely diced (or finely diced ham)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce, your favourite
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Lay bagels on large cookie sheet.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Top each 1/2 of the bagel with about 2-3 tbsp of mixture.
- Flash freeze on cookie for about 3 hours or until topping on bagels is firm.
- Transfer to large freezer bag, label and freeze.
- To serve: Bake from frozen at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
Having read the ingredient list of the ready made Bagel Bites at a local store, I was prompted to make my own. I mass produces about 120, in about 30 minutes, for the cost of 60 of the name brand ones, and I know what is in them. I fine chopped pepperoni and mixed it into a Italian blend of cheese and added some Parmesan. Don't buy those chemical filled ones, make your own, freeze them put into a gallon zip lock freezer bag. You or your kids have a quick and healthy snack to hold them between meals.
These are great!! I've been making these for a couple of years now and they are a huge family favorite. To make a bit healthier, I use whole-wheat bagels and toast them briefly under the broiler before putting on toppings (eliminates the soggy issue). It's also very easy to change the toppings so everyone can get a freezer bag with their own "personalized" pizzas. I suggest that you finely chop/very small dice onions, mushrooms, green peppers, etc because the pizza toppings stay on much better in the freezer if you dice or chop everything VERY small. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!
These are wonderful. I made mine on English muffins and serve them for a meal. They are quick and easy and could be made with lots of different toppings.