1 hr 29 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Pizza Any Way You Slice It. A creation of Don Pintabona, chef at Tribeca Grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*30 minutes to 1 hour before you plan to bake your pizzas, place oven rack on the lowest level and arrange a stone or tiles on top; heat oven to maximum temperature—500°.
- 2The Pizza: add vinegar to a small saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- 3Cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the syrup is reduced and thickened and resembles honey, about 10 minutes; let cool (the syrup can be made ahead to this point).
- 4If it becomes too firm as it cools, simply reheat it with a few drops of water, or microwave it for 10 seconds.
- 5In a small skillet, heat the butter over medium heat; add the pear slices and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 6Place 1 ball of dough on a floured surface; press out dough, lifting it and turning it over several times, until it reaches a 12-inch circle; do not knead dough or handle more than is necessary; if dough seems too sticky, dust it lightly with flour.
- 7Dust a pizza peel; carefully transfer the circle of dough to the peel, reshaping as needed.
- 8Shake the peel once or twice to make sure the dough does not stick; if it does, lift the dough and sprinkle the peel with more flour.
- 9Arrange half the pears on the shaped dough; scatter half the cheese on top; drizzle with half the vinegar syrup.
- 10Slide pizza onto prepared baking stone (in oven); after the pizza is on the stone, do not attempt to move it until it firms up in 2-3 minutes.
- 11Bake for 6-7 minutes, or until the crust is browned; remove pizza from the oven and arrange the prosciutto slices on top; cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- 12Make a second pizza with the remaining ingredients.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Alla Don
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.6
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 472.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar