Recipe by Darlene Summers
Good as store bought. Makes 2 (12-inch) pizzas.
Top Review by Z,G,L's mom
I used the dough recipe only. Dh usually isn't wild about homemade pizza, neither are the kids but I wanted to give it another shot. I doubled the recipe to amke 10x15 pizzas. I also had enouugh dough to make cheese bread sticks. When I served this everoyone took a bite and said WOW! Dh said that this was the best pizza he had ever eaten!!(I asked him if he was wanting money or something LOL) He said I am serious this is better than Pizza Hut!! DD(9) said mom this is the best!! DS(8) said I love it mom, can we have it every day? DD(7) said it was the greatest!! Thank you so much for a great crust recipe!! I also did this on the dough cycle with my ABM.
For the crust
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water (105 to 110 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded & cold
- garlic powder
Your choice of or combination of
- green pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yeast with sugar and warm water; let set about 10 minutes or till foamy.
- Using food processor and steel blade, place flour and salt in the bowl. Add yeast mixture through the top and pulse on high 3-4 times.
- With machine running, add oil and remaining 1 cup of water.
- Process till a ball forms and continue processing for 30 seconds more.
- Have an additional 1/4 cup of flour ready to add in case machine starts to labor.
- Flour hands and remove dough from bowl.
- Oil a large mixing bowl.
- Place dough in bowl and turn to oil all surfaces.
- Cover with plastic wrap and a towel.
- Place in a warm draft-free place.
- Let rise till doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch down dough and divide (recipe makes 2 pizzas).
- Sprinkle corn meal on a 12-inch pizza pan.
- Stretch or roll dough on a floured board to fit pan and form a 1/2-inch rim.
- Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- For Topping: Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce over dough; sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese and seasonings.
- Top with preferred toppings.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.