1/1 Photo of Pizza
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Darlene Summers's Note:
Good as store bought. Makes 2 (12-inch) pizzas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup water (105 to 110 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 3/4 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
Your choice of or combination of
- 1Combine yeast with sugar and warm water; let set about 10 minutes or till foamy.
- 2Using food processor and steel blade, place flour and salt in the bowl. Add yeast mixture through the top and pulse on high 3-4 times.
- 3With machine running, add oil and remaining 1 cup of water.
- 4Process till a ball forms and continue processing for 30 seconds more.
- 5Have an additional 1/4 cup of flour ready to add in case machine starts to labor.
- 6Flour hands and remove dough from bowl.
- 7Oil a large mixing bowl.
- 8Place dough in bowl and turn to oil all surfaces.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and a towel.
- 10Place in a warm draft-free place.
- 11Let rise till doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 12Punch down dough and divide (recipe makes 2 pizzas).
- 13Sprinkle corn meal on a 12-inch pizza pan.
- 14Stretch or roll dough on a floured board to fit pan and form a 1/2-inch rim.
- 15Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- 16Preheat oven to 425°.
- 17For Topping: Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce over dough; sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese and seasonings.
- 18Top with preferred toppings.
- 19Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1133.6
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 2118.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 47.1 g