Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I was trying to look up history on a particular Crockpot and found this recipe posted instead. It looks easy enough and I like crockpot recipes. The name is from the website where this was posted by Tom921, and thanks Tom921!
- Cut round steak into serving pieces. Place flour, salt, and pepper in plastic bag.
- Add steak pieces (a few at a time) and shake to cover with flour mixture.
- Place onion slices at bottom of crock pot. Then add the meat.
- Top with the carrots and celery.
- Cover with (15 to 16-oz can) tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- "I like to serve the Swiss Steak with mashed potatoes. Use the leftover tomato sauce as a gravy." (Tom921).
I picked this recipe to try because we're not fond of stewed tomatoes which so many swiss steak recipes call for. The only change I had to make is not to include the carrots since I had none. The round steak was tender with a lot of flavor. I served it with mashed potatoes and green beans. This will be made again, I assure you!
This was great to come home to after work, the house smelled terrific. The steak was tender and the sauce was wonderful served over noodles. I will be making this again. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.