Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My DH is a huge Steelers fan. Ben Roethlisberger is the quarterback for the team and apparently pretty popular in the Pittsburgh area. DH heard about these burgers and had to have one! There seem to be different versions..this is a combo of 2 of them.
- Combine beef and sausage, mix well.
- Form six burger patties out of the meat mixture. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Grill patties to well done, 170°F.(There's pork in there!).
- Near the end of grilling, top each patty with a slice of provolone and a slice of cheddar to melt.
- Toast buns.
- Assemble burgers: bottom bun, bbq sauce, burger, bacon, ranch dressing, top bun.
This burger actually originated at a bar called the First Run in Oxford, OH, home of Miami University. It was named for Ben while he was a student there. The restaurant has changed owners and name, but the burger is still on the menu and it is AWESOME!
Wow! This was a quick and easy change up from the standard burger. Made as specified, but used Italian sausage instead of pork sausage. Even though my hubby is a die hard Browns fan, he is a fan of the Roethilis Burger! He especially loved the combo of the Ranch and BBQ. Will be making this again!
This burger will "Touchdown" into my favorite burgers - I used "English Banger" sausage meat and I always have to have mushrooms, lettuce & Tomato but the secret of this burger is the combo of Pork & Beef AND the combo of cheeses,BBQ sauce the Ranch dressing. For the bun I used a 1/4 of an onion Paninni bread - great! Super Saturday Night Burger.Thanks for posting QueenofEverything — May 7, 2006