Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making this for about 15 years now and never get tired of it. It is good for just about any occasion from graduations to super bowl parties to office parties. Seems to be one of the first to go.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancream of mushroom soup do not add water (I use cream of chicken)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (light or fat free)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 4 cups fancy shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper (I do not use salt but rather garlic pepper)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredeanes (make sure that the hash browns are still frozen).
- Spread mixture evenly in to a 13x9 glass baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for about 3-5 min and serve.
- Also good the reheated.
These were good but a little on the bland side. All I could taste was the cheddar cheese with a little sour cream. I also used the cream of chicken soup. I will add additional spices next time I think. thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2011
Pretty much followed the recipe, although I also used cream of chicken soup & season it all with lemon pepper! This casserole was shared with one of the neighbor couples for whom I sometimes cook, & we all agreed it was a great & delicious way to do up hash browns! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
Cheesey and Delicious. Made for PAC Fall 2011.