- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 jar pimiento strip
- 1⁄2 lb processed cheese spread
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fine dry breadcrumb
- butter or margarine, cut up
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook first 3 ingredients in boiling water to cover in a saucepan 15 minutes; drain and add pimiento strips.
- Cook cheese and next 4 ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, stirring costantly, until thoroughly heated and cheese melts.
- Pour cheese sauce over potato mixture, and spoon into a baking dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs, and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 20 to 30 minutes.