Recipe by Cookin' it up in the Burgh!
I was given this recipe years ago by a co-worker. It is a perfect dish for a pot-luck or great as a side for any meal. You may want to double this, because it will disappear fast.
Top Review by Jezski
Sooo Good! We've made these potatoes for more years than I care to remember, sometimes subbing sour cream for the milk. We also put this together the night before occasions and bake the day of, works really well. Great for holidays. Incidently, I live near the "Burgh, too. Go Steelers! And Penguins! Let's not mention the Pooor Pirates.
- 10 potatoes, peeled
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes whole until soft. Then cube.
- In a 9x13 pan put potatoes, pepper, onion, bread and Velveeta Cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix melted butter and milk and pour over potato mixture.
- Cover with crushed corn flakes and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.