Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from the Ocala Star Banner recipe data base. It was submitted by a lady from South Carolina. It is a recipe with foods that people from Pittsburgh enjoy. You can substitute 2 cups of chicken broth for the 2 cups beer. You can use mashed potatoes instead of the cooked cubed potatoes.
- 1 lb kielbasa, slice 1/4 inch thick and cut in half
- 15 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, undrained
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed potato soup
- 1 cup potato, cubed and cooked
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed, optional at my house
- 2 cups beer
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large pot combine all ingredients except cooked noodles.
- Heat over medium heat until hot and bubbly.
- While this is cooking, cook noodles according to package directions.
- To serve: place noodles in individual bowls and ladle "joy" on top.