I got this recipe from the Ocala Star Banner recipe data base. It was submitted by a lady from South Carolina. It is a recipe with foods that people from Pittsburgh enjoy. You can substitute 2 cups of chicken broth for the 2 cups beer. You can use mashed potatoes instead of the cooked cubed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb kielbasa, slice 1/4 inch thick and cut in half
- 15 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, undrained
- 10 1/2 ounces condensed potato soup
- 1 cup potato, cubed and cooked
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed, optional at my house
- 2 cups beer
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1In a large pot combine all ingredients except cooked noodles.
- 2Heat over medium heat until hot and bubbly.
- 3While this is cooking, cook noodles according to package directions.
- 4To serve: place noodles in individual bowls and ladle "joy" on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pittsburgh Pot of Joy
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 1638.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 20.7 g