Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An easy appetizer native to Pittsburgh, PA. Wonderful for a football party!
Make and share this Pittsburgh Kielbasa recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place kielbasa in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven; pierce with fork and drain grease.
- Cut kielbasa into bite-size pieces; return to baking dish. Spread onion over kielbasa; set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix applesauce with brown sugar. Pour evenly over kielbasa and onion. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with decorative toothpicks for a festive look.
At the first christmas party of the season, many appetizers were eaten, but this one was wiped clean! Excellent and it smelled great! I halved the applesauce, brown sugar and the onion and it was still great!
I thought this was very good !! The brown sugar, applesauce, made a nice, thick, sauce. I liked the onion flavor also. Very easy !!
Made these forthe game and they were so good! Thanks