Recipe by Bergy
I have not made this but it is another of Stacey's recipes (remember the Bread Sticks) that came to me via my friend Ted - When He says its good-believe me - it's good. Both the dip and the triangles freeze well. If you wish you may add 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil to the dip.
Top Review by Rita~
Creamy and so full of flavor! I used lime in place of lemon, skipped the mayo, and didn`t use the butter mixture at all. Trying to keep the fat down and I didn`t miss it at all! I browned the pita right over the open flame stove top and spread the cheese mixture (I did add dried basil to the cheese)on the pita.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 medium pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dry basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the Cream cheese,mayo,tomato, lemon juice& garlic, mix well.
- Cut each pita into 12 bite size triangles, the trangles are double thickness, and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Mix together the butter, lemon pepper, fresh basil and pepper.
- Brush one side of each triangle with the butter mixture.
- Bake in 350F oven for apprx 10 minutes or untilcrisp& browned.
- Cool the pita chips& serve with the dip.