Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not made this but it is another of Stacey's recipes (remember the Bread Sticks) that came to me via my friend Ted - When He says its good-believe me - it's good. Both the dip and the triangles freeze well. If you wish you may add 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil to the dip.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 medium pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dry basil
- Mix together the Cream cheese,mayo,tomato, lemon juice& garlic, mix well.
- Cut each pita into 12 bite size triangles, the trangles are double thickness, and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Mix together the butter, lemon pepper, fresh basil and pepper.
- Brush one side of each triangle with the butter mixture.
- Bake in 350F oven for apprx 10 minutes or untilcrisp& browned.
- Cool the pita chips& serve with the dip.
Creamy and so full of flavor! I used lime in place of lemon, skipped the mayo, and didn`t use the butter mixture at all. Trying to keep the fat down and I didn`t miss it at all! I browned the pita right over the open flame stove top and spread the cheese mixture (I did add dried basil to the cheese)on the pita.
Love this recipe, very simple to make.I made a few appetizers before a dinner party and everyone love the dip.Great flavor Thanks again Bergy!!