Recipe by Judy-Jude
Syrian bread is used in this snack. I make these all year and especially during the summer. My guests are disappointed if I don't supply these as one of our appetizers.
Top Review by Brooke Gomez
I baked this snack for an office party and served them with eggplant hummus and salsa. I didn't have any ground cayenne pepper, so I used crushed red pepper, and they turned out wonderful! A coworker even told me I could package them up and sell them in grocery stores! I will definately be making these again. Thanks, Judy-Jude!
- 1 (6 count) package pita bread
- olive oil
- dry basil
- garlic powder or garlic salt
- parmesan cheese
- ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the pita bread into two halves.
- Score with sharp knife, but don't cut completely through.
- Brush lightly with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with basil, garlic powder or garlic salt, Parmesan cheese and cayenne ground pepper.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350°F until golden or lightly browned.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- We serve them as is and also with side dishes of chopped jalapeño peppers and chopped tomatoes.