1/1 Photo of Pita Sloppy Joe
The pita makes the sloppy joe, not so sloppy, but just as tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ground beef, shallot and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until beef is evenly browned.
- 2Drain off any grease.
- 3Stir the salsa, ketchup, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce into the beef mixture.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat to a simmer over low heat, and cook until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently to prevent it from burning on the bottom.
- 6Spoon the mixture into the pita shells.
- 7Top with lettuce if you like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pita Sloppy Joe
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 732.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 29.0 g