Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great with salsa or your favourite dip!
Make and share this Pita Scoops recipe from Food.com.
- 18 (3 inch) pita bread, each cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Place pita wedges into a large bowl and drizzle with oil and toss until coated.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour half of mixture over pita wedges. Toss and then top with the remaining mixture and toss again.
- Arrange in a single layer on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 15 degrees until golden. Cool completely and package in air tight containers.
Perfect Pita Scoops! Why didn't I think to ever just toss them in a bowl with oil instead of painstakingly brushing each one with oil? This is so much simpler and faster! Omited the parm cheese since the dip I'm making has a ton of parm in it. Anyway, these are great, thx so much! PS: a little birdy told me they keep for 2 weeks at a cool temp or can be frozen!