Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was in the mood to try something new, and happily came up with this creation. It was a little more done up than a regular turkey sandwich, but still simple enough to make, and pleased the palettes of both my kids and husband! That makes it an instant success in this home =). It's also basic enough that you could substitute any type of meat or toppings you like, and it'd still be tasty. Hope you enjoy this one!
- Cut pita in half and open carefully (not to tear or poke holes in the sides).
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on one side of the pita (inside).
- Put turkey on top of cream cheese layer.
- Add a layer of spinach on top of turkey, then carefully spread a layer of ranch dressing on top of the spinach and on remaining dry side of pita.
- repeat with other pita half.
- This would also be easy to make into a vegetarian lunch by replacing meat with other veggies (like sauteed onions, red bell peppers, etc).
Yummy! I made this for a relaxed Sunday dinner and it was enjoyed by the whole family. Once the pitas were assembled I wrapped them in foil and warmed them in the toaster oven. My three year old took a bite and asked what meat was in it. I told her turkey. She said, "Gobble Gobble!" and gobbled it up! My husband said it was very good and that he would like to try it with tri tip and BBQ sauce. Thanks for posting! UPDATE: We make this often and now I add smashed avocado --YUM!