Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was in the mood to try something new, and happily came up with this creation. It was a little more done up than a regular turkey sandwich, but still simple enough to make, and pleased the palettes of both my kids and husband! That makes it an instant success in this home =). It's also basic enough that you could substitute any type of meat or toppings you like, and it'd still be tasty. Hope you enjoy this one!
- Cut pita in half and open carefully (not to tear or poke holes in the sides).
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on one side of the pita (inside).
- Put turkey on top of cream cheese layer.
- Add a layer of spinach on top of turkey, then carefully spread a layer of ranch dressing on top of the spinach and on remaining dry side of pita.
- repeat with other pita half.
- This would also be easy to make into a vegetarian lunch by replacing meat with other veggies (like sauteed onions, red bell peppers, etc).