- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen green peas
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 8 ounces chicken or 8 ounces turkey, cooked and cubed
- 4 ounces shredded colby or 4 ounces swiss cheese
- 2 sweet gherkins, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 large lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, cook peas according to package directions; drain and refrigerate until chilled.
- Cut pita bread rounds in half and carefully open.
- Combine chicken or turkey, peas, cheese, pickles and mayonnaise.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf into each pita pocket.
- Stuff each pocket with chicken mixture, dividing evenly.