1/4 Photos of Pita Pocket Bread (Bread Machine)
1 hr 23 mins
1 hr 20 mins
So easy to make your own pita pockets, and even EASIER to do it in the bread machine! Kids love these for car trips or picnics; can't help but feel adventurous with one of these in the lunch box! NOTE: If you don't have a bread machine, you can STILL make this recipe...see DIRECTIONS at the bottom. COOKING TIME includes rising time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the above ingredients into the bread machine according to owner's manual specifications (mine does wet ingredients first).
- 2Program for DOUGH or MANUAL.
- 3After the program is completed, divide dough into 10 equal pieces; shape each into a smooth ball; place five on each baking sheet.
- 4Let rise for 20 minutes while oven preheats to 500; flatten puffy balls gently into a 6-inch disk.
- 5Bake for five minutes (tops will be puffed and beginning to brown).
- 6Cut each circle in half to form two pockets.
- 7Fill with your favorite sandwich fixin's: ham, turkey, chicken salad, lettuce, sprouts, cheese and grapes.
- 8TRADITIONAL BREAD-MAKING: In a mixing bowl, mix water, sugar and yeast; allow to foam for 3-5 minutes; add oil and salt, mixing well; mix white & wholewheat flours together in a separate bowl, then add to liquids, mixing until well-blended. Place dough-ball in a well-greased bowl, allow to rise in a warm spot until doubled in volume. Continue from Step #3 above.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pita Pocket Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.9
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g