These light, tasty Mediterranean pizzas are perfect for summertime cuisine! The basics of pita, tomato, basil, feta and garlic are the mere canvas for this tasty Grecian treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb of white pita bread
- 4 -6 roma tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1/2 lb feta cheese
- 0.125 (1/4 lb) package fresh basil
- 1 red onion (medium to large)
- 1/4-1/2 lb pitted kalamata olive
- 1First, preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Depending on number of guests will determine exact amount of pitas and ingredients.
- 3Figure 1-2 pizzas per person,(depending on how hungry everyone is)!
- 4Preparation includes: peeling/roasting garlic and onion. Chopping/washing spinach. Slicing tomatoes (1/4" thick the most).
- 5First, take one to two peeled garlic cloves per pita and slice into thin pieces. Place on baking sheet. Chop red onion into small, sugar cube size pieces and place on other side of baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over both garlic and onion pieces and place in oven at 375 degrees. Check every one to two minutes until lightly browned on edges. The purpose of roasting brings out the nutty flavor of the garlic and the caramelizing of the onion.
- 6Place 2-3 handfuls of spinach in a microwavable bowl with a little bit of water in bottom of dish. Cook for one minute to a minute and a 1/2 until soft and dark green.
- 7Take small leafs off oregano sprigs and wash with fresh basil.
- 8Lightly brush pita breads with olive oil. Place thinly sliced roma tomatoes over entire pita. Sporadically place spinach over tomato with bits of roasted garlic and onion. Scatter pieces of oregano over pitas with artichoke hearts, roasted vegetables and kalamata olives. Add dashes of salt and pepper (capers are optional).
- 9Place on oven rack directly (foil on the rack below prevents food from dripping on oven directly). Check after 5-7 minutes.
- 10Cook until edges of pita are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pita Pizzas, Greek Style
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1146.4
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 101.2 mg
- Sodium 3959.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 166.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.6 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 48.5 g