Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice appetizer or you could make this for lunch.
- 2 pita breads (6 inches in diameter)
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil leaves or 9.85 ml dried basil leaves
- 354.88 ml mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 59.16 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Split each pita bread around edge with knife to make 2 rounds.
- Place rounds, cut sides up, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Top rounds with mushrooms, onion and bell pepper and cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with basil and cheeses.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut each round into 8 wedges.
I had caught a glimpse of my behiney in the mirror and yelled, "Who the hell's in my house?" Diet friendly so I'm going to eat one for lunch everyday this week.
These were really good and easy to make! I love mushrooms on my pizzas, so this was no exception. I added a little more parmesan, because I'm such a cheese lover. Really great pizzas!
Made for ThinkPink October 2010 in honor of PetsRUs herself. Petsie this is light and airy and summer all rolled into one. I used the last of my cherry tomatoes from the vine and fresh basil from my garden. I did leave off mushrooms (preference) but added in soem chopped sausage bits. I will make this again as it was so easy and delightful to have for a wuick and delightful lunch today. God Bless.