- 2 pita breads (6 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Split each pita bread around edge with knife to make 2 rounds.
- Place rounds, cut sides up, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Top rounds with mushrooms, onion and bell pepper and cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with basil and cheeses.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut each round into 8 wedges.