Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy way to make a yummy pizza. Use real Italian mozzarella, not the American style. I usually use my leftover homemade pasta sauce with this one.
- 4 pita bread
- 236.59 ml spaghetti sauce
- 1 onion
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 1 Italian sausage, diced
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, diced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- Slice onions and saute in 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add brown sugar and cook another 5 minutes. Set onions aside. Add sausage to skillet and cook until browned; a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place pita on baking sheet. Brush pita with remaining tablespoon olive oil.
- Spoon sauce onto pita.
- Sprinkle with Italian sausage and mozzarella.
- Cook 15-20 minutes.
I made this for a midnight snack because I was craving a slice of pizza. I made it as written but had to sub a store-bought pizza shell. Excellent pizza!! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Italy.
This was incredibly flavorful. I made it almost exactly as posted, except I used a Vidalia onion (since they are in season now) and about a 1/2 lb. of garlic and cheese sausage, which I sliced and sauteed first. Really, really good! And the aroma as the cooked was amazing. Thanks for sharing this excellent meal. Made for ZWT7 by a Hot Pink Lady.
Delicious! The brown sugar with the caramelized onions just added that perfect touch to them. The only change I made was to use 2 Italian sausages. You could actually add a third one with no problem. This took about 15 minutes to make and 15 to cook. Not bad for dinner! Made for my teammate for ZWT7. Thanks strawberrybird! :)