Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
A very yummy and kid-friendly lunch sandwich that can be as easy or as complex as you want it to be. I thought of it today on the way home from my son's preschool using the left over stuff I just happened to have in the house. My kids loved it and I could make it in just a little more time than it would have taken me to make them peanut butter and jelly (the usual lunch). I enjoyed it more than peanut butter and jelly too :-)
- any size pita bread (I would guess the larger ones would be easier to work with, but it depends on what you want to serve)
- pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced pepperoni (any other "pizza toppings" you like)
- Cut the pitas in half creating two pockets.
- Spread sauce on the inside of the pocket both top and bottom.
- Gill with pepperoni, cheese or other toppings.
- Toss in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
Good and really simple. I used whole wheat pita bread and just the ingredients listed. Next time I'll try adding basil, garlic, black olives, and green peppers. Would also be a nice way to do hot ham and cheese. The possibilities are endless and the method is super fast and easy. Thanks for sharing.