A very yummy and kid-friendly lunch sandwich that can be as easy or as complex as you want it to be. I thought of it today on the way home from my son's preschool using the left over stuff I just happened to have in the house. My kids loved it and I could make it in just a little more time than it would have taken me to make them peanut butter and jelly (the usual lunch). I enjoyed it more than peanut butter and jelly too :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- any size pita bread (I would guess the larger ones would be easier to work with, but it depends on what you want to serve)
- pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced pepperoni (any other "pizza toppings" you like)
- 1Cut the pitas in half creating two pockets.
- 2Spread sauce on the inside of the pocket both top and bottom.
- 3Gill with pepperoni, cheese or other toppings.
- 4Toss in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pita Pizza Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g