Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is 4 pts. Please remember to not go off of stats on recipezaar because you have to choose the right ingredients to make it. Here is a break down... Pita- 1 pt : Salad pita pocket Pepperoni- 1 pt : 5 slices (if you want less pts, use turkey, I didn't. I don't like it.) Cheese- 1 pt : fat free mozerella Sauce- Ragu has the least amt of calories and fat that I have found use whatever vegetable toppings you want. I listed what I used below. When you add everything up and put it into ww calculations it comes up with 4 pts. (I guess everything else gets you one more pt.)
- 1 pita pocket, salad pockets
- 5 slice pepperoni
- 59.14 ml pizza sauce, Ragu
- 59.14 ml mushroom
- 59.14 ml banana pepper
- 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese, fat free
- Preheat oven to 350 (I used toaster oven, temperature in other ovens may vary).
- Put sauce in Pita Salad Pocket. Try to get it all on the inside.
- Place all ingredients/toppings remaining, making sure to top with cheese.
- **hint. I used a separate piece of alumunim foil to slightly prop up the open side so all the cheese didn't run out while baking it.
- Bake at 350 around 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- ** I have made with onions, green peppers as well. You can add crushed red pepper or jalapenos if you like pizza hot.
This was delicious. I choose to make it for not only the low WWP points but the fact my 5yr old son would go crazy for it. I put to much sauce in it so one side was soggy but I just cranked the heat for a few mins and it evened out. Used regular pepperoni; jalapenos; and baby spinach with ww mexican blend shredded cheese in an 8 grain pita. SO yummy. Cant wait to try different combos.
This was a great healthy lunch. One I will definatly make again.
You can also make this with whole wheat tortilla's. I make it like a pizza and then fold it over (kind of like making a quesidilla). I use fat free mozzerella cheese (once it's melted you can't really taste a huge difference). The same thing with the turkey pepperoni. I've used pizza sauce and tomato sauce (it just depends what I have in the house). I hate mushrooms so I use onions and green peppers. It's a great, quick recipe. It also turns out to be about 4 pts.