Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a fun lunch that is quick to prepare. You can improve and add your favorite toppings. I found this in The Trailside Cookbook. I really enjoyed this recipe it quick and easy. When I made this pizzas I cut my pitas in half all the way thorough.
- 2 pita breads
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce (125 ml)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced salami (60 g)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (125 ml)
- Put the pita in a large skillet and cover it with the tomato sauce. Move the pitas ocassionally to prevent them from sticking or burning.
- Layer with slices of salami. Sprinkle on the grated cheese. Heat gently until the cheese is melted and you have a fresh made pita pizza.
I made this for the DM fully expecting her to eat only 2 of the six slices but she at 4 and was feeling sorry she could not eat the other 2 as it was so tasty. I did use mozzarella cheese as I had some that was getting very close to its use by date and because of stove top restrictions I baked in a 200C fan forced oven for 10 minutes, with the pizza on a hot baking tray, which resulted in a crispy base and a golden gooey cheese. Thank you internetnut, made for Bargain Basement tag game.